NEW SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH ENGINE!! Check out Scholarship Plus to find many different scholarships - http://www.scholarshipplus.com/charmeck/scholarships.cfm
The counselors have put together a WONDERFUL Scholarship Resources handout that links you to numerous scholarship opportunities! Download the file here and start applying for that money!!
If you would like a letter of recommendation from your counselor please submit a copy of the below questionnaire. You don't have to answer all of the questions, but remember to share any information that will help us write a solid recommendation letter.
Recommendation Letter Questionnaire (Click)
The counselors have put together a WONDERFUL Scholarship Resources handout that links you to numerous scholarship opportunities! Download the file here and start applying for that money!!
If you would like a letter of recommendation from your counselor please submit a copy of the below questionnaire. You don't have to answer all of the questions, but remember to share any information that will help us write a solid recommendation letter.
Recommendation Letter Questionnaire (Click)
Be sure to check out our monthly Scholarship Newsletter! You can pick up a copy in the Guidance Office or download one electronically here!
- September Newsletter
- October Newsletter
- December/January Newsletter
- February Newsletter
Underclassman Scholarship Opportunities
The Rufus M. Dalton Leadership Scholarship awards an exemplary student with an all-expenses paid, 22-day backpacking, rock climbing and whitewater canoeing experience in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Included in this award are funds to cover the costs of required gear. The total experience is valued at $4,700.
Eligible applicants are outstanding students in grades 9, 10 and 11, who have demonstrated leadership and an affinity for service, but have financial limitations that preclude them from participation. Applicants must live in Mecklenburg County, show a proven desire to lead and serve others, and demonstrate limited financial means. The deadline to submit an application is Wednesday, March 15th, at 12 p.m. For questions or additional information, please contact Melissa Golder, Director of Charlotte Advancement, NC Outward Bound School, at email@example.com.
Download the application here
Presbyterian College Fellows Award: This scholarship recognizes high school juniors who have the potential for future success. The $4000 scholarship awards $1000 annually for four years of study at Presbyterian College. PC Fellow also grants students consideration for other academic scholarships ranging from $5000 to $23,000. Please visit www.presby.edu/admissions/presbyterian-college-fellows-award for details.
B Davis Scholarship. $1000 scholarship for Juniors and Seniors. For more information and to apply go to http://www.studentawardsearch.com/scholarships.htm Applications must be received by May 22, 2017
Scholarships for Graduating Seniors
PTSA Scholarship. The Mallard Creek High School PTSA Board strives to create and maintain a strong foundation to defray a portion of college tuition expenses. This year, scholarships will be awarded to at least 9 recipients. The scholarships will have a total value of $7500.00, payable to the four year university, community college or trade school of the recipient’s choice. The following information should be considered when applying for the scholarship awards: Two of the Scholarship Awards will go to students who are not necessarily PTSA members. All remaining Scholarships will be awarded to PTSA families. Scholarships will be awarded on May 25th at the Senior Awards ceremony. The $1500 Kit Rea Scholarship will be awarded to any student and is to be selected by our Principal, Kevin Garay. Applicants must be graduating seniors and must exemplify overall excellence in academics, leadership, character, integrity and community involvement. Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA to be considered. Click here to download all information and the application. Please keep in mind that letters of recommendation are required so give yourself (and your recommender) adequate time to complete the process. Applications are due in guidance by May 12th.
Scholarship Program by Pillows For Life We are happy to announce the “$1000 scholarship by Pillows For Life”. Each year PillowsForLife awards one student a scholarship worth $1000. This scholarship is merit based, requires an essay submission of 700-1000 words. And the topic is “Importance of sleep for your health and how to improve your sleep”.
Download details here
Miss Teen Achievement Scholarship Pageant. 1000 scholarship and prizes for Mecklenburg students ages 14-17 in the Miss Teen Achievement Scholarship pageant 2017. Full details and applications are available at teenachieve.wixsite.com/tafs. There is no registration fee to participate.
Outdoor Hobbyist Scholarship Program: This is an annual scholarship, requires an essay submission, and the winning applicant will receive $1000 dollars towards their cost of education. To apply go to the following website. http://outdoorhobbyist.com/scholarship-program.
H & R Block Budget Challenge Scholarship: You can win scholarships for learning about Personal Finance. Students encounter real-world personal budgeting situations through an online simulation and accompanying lesson plans. Just for playing, your students could win one of ten $20,000 college scholarships! Click here to register for the lesson plan and the scholarship.
Facing Acne’s First Annual Scholarship for the 2017-2018 school year. The scholarship is open to students who meet the following criteria:
- Are US Citizens
- Currently enrolled as either a high school senior OR a college student at an accredited US based college or University
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or expect to receive their high school diploma before the 2017-2018 school year begins
- Have and maintain a minimum 3.00 GPA
Liz Murray Scholarship Fund: Each month during the school year (September through May), HHBC awards a $1,500 scholarship to the Liz Murray Scholarship Fund winner at its monthly Breakfast meeting, held at Carmel Country Club. That month’s winner is invited to be a part of this Breakfast, where they are introduced and recognized from the podium before being invited to sit with the guest speaker at the head table. To be eligible the student must be in the Charlotte Mecklenburg School system. The student’s parents, high school principal and coach are also invited and encouraged to attend. To learn more and apply go to http://hoodhargettbreakfastclub.com/liz-murray-scholarship/
Minuteman Scholarship: NC National Guard 4 year Scholarships available. For more information go to http://www.usar.army.mil/Featured/Resources/Educational-Benefits/Minuteman-Scholarship/
Rising Stars Scholarship: $1000 scholarship exclusively for Mallard Creek High School seniors! This is the first year that Hunter & Hein, Attorneys at Law are offering this opportunity! To be eligibility you must be a senior at Mallard Creek High School; graduating in the Spring Semester of 2017; have applied to at least one college or trade school; be a US Citizen; finish the school year with a GPA of 2.5 of higher; and submit a scholarship application including an essay themed "Know Your Neighbor". Please see Ms. White for more information. The Deadline to submit you application to Ms. White is December 1, 2016.
SunTrust Off to College Scholarship Sweepstakes: A chance to win $500 to help with minor expenses. 30 winners will be chosen at random. To enter go to http://www.suntrusteducation.com/scholarship-sweepstakes/index.html
CFNC Financial Literacy Course Scholarship Drawing: To complete the course and be automatically entered in the $500 college scholarship drawing go to https://www.cfnc.org/paying/financial_literacy.jsp
West Teaching Scholarship at the Catawba College Academy for Teaching: The scholarship is a yearly award of $2,500 in addition to any other academic scholarships for which the student is eligible. The Academy provides a wealth of experiences including early field experiences, excursions and professional networking. We currently have 20 West Teaching Scholars across four cohorts! Interested students may apply online or contact us to discuss this scholarship. Brochure
To learn more and apply to go http://catawba.edu/academics/schools/education/teacher-education/academy-teachi/teaching-scholars/
High School Oratorical Scholarship Program " A Constitutional Speech Contest". The American Legion Oratorical Contest exists to develop deeper knowledge and appreciation for the U.S. Constitution among high school students. Since 1938, the program has presented participants with an academic speaking challenge that teaches important leadership qualities, the history of our nation’s laws, the ability to think and speak clearly, and an understanding of the duties, responsibilities, rights and privileges of American citizenship. Scholarships are presented to the three finalists in the final round of the national contest. 1st place $18,000; 2nd place: $16,000; and 3rd place; $14,000. For more information go to www.legion.org/oratorical
The Blumenthal Performing Arts Scholarships The Mary Doctor Performing Arts Scholarship (MDPAS) is an annually renewable scholarship of up to $10,000 awarded to two students who demonstrate above-average ability and are preparing to pursue an undergraduate degree in fields directly related to the performing arts Flyer. The deadline to apply is March 16th. The Gordon Hay Scholarship is a one-time $5,000 scholarship to be awarded to one student who demonstrates ability in a non-performance area within the performing arts and is preparing to pursue a related undergraduate degree. For more information and to apply go to http://www.blumenthalarts.org/blumenthal-enrichment/community-outreach/scholarships/gordon-hay-scholarship deadline is March 9th
- October 1 - The Park Scholarship is a scholarship program with NC State University is a four-year scholarship given to students based on outstanding accomplishments, and potential in scholarship, leadership, service, and character. This scholarship is Four-year scholarship valued at $92,000 in-state and $149,000 out-of-state that includes tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, travel, and personal expenses. Students are to be nominated by their high school. Please see Mrs. Helms to be considered for nomination and to obtain a Mallard Creek Nomination application Nomination applications are due by September 20th.
For more details on the Park Scholarship you can go to the following webpage http://www.ncsu.edu/park_scholarships/about/index.php
- October 15 - The UNC-Chapel Hill Morehead Scholarship is a four-year scholarship given to students who demonstrate moral force of character, scholarship, physical vigor and leadership. Please see Ms. Stewart-Ayers in counseling for details regarding the application process. You can visit the following website to learn more about this scholarship but you must see Ms. Stewart-Ayers to apply. http://moreheadcain.org/apply/
- October 15- LEVINE SCHOLARS PROGRAM AT UNC-CHARLOTTE. The Levine Scholarship Program at UNC-Charlotte is now accepting nominations. This prestigious and competitive scholarship includes full tuition, room and board, a grant to implement a service project of the student’s own design, and four summers of individually tailored enrichment experiences. Successful candidates will have an unweighted grade point average between 3.8 - 4.0 and a score of 1900-2400 on the SAT and/ or a 29 -36 composite score on the ACT. Commitment to community service, leadership, and academic merit are also considered. AN ELITE GROUP OF 20 STUDENTS ARE SELECTED ANNUALLY. Nominations are completed by a high school counselor and must be received by October 15. If you are interested in being nominated for the UNC-Charlotte Levine Scholarship Program, please see Mrs. Harris in the Guidance office.
- October 16- Belk Scholarship at Davidson College. Mallard Creek can nominate two students for the prestigious Belk Scholarship for students interested in attending Davidson College. Please see Mrs. Payne in Guidance to pick up for information and the application.
- October 30- NC State Centennial Scholarship. A scholarship awarded through the College of Textiles at North Carolina State University, this is a $10,000 per year scholarship. Applicants must be high school seniors with and interest in career fields such as engineering, mechanics, fashion, or any other textile focused field. Mallard Creek can nominate 2 students. For more information visit http://www.tx.ncsu.edu/admissions/undergraduate/scholarships/nctf-centennial-scholarships.cfm Nominations will be accepted from Oct 1 through the end of November
- October 31- Beauty School Scholarship. If you’re ready to begin a fulfilling and rewarding career in cosmetology, it all begins with choosing a cosmetology school that's right for you. If you are worried about finding the money to pay for cosmetology school tuition, some schools offer scholarships or financial aid, and now Beauty Schools Marketing Group is offering a $2,500 cosmetology school scholarship to help cosmetology school students live their dreams! Click here to apply to!
- October 31- Coca Cola Scholarship. The Coca-Cola Scholarship program is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors each year. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, and their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. Applicants must be: Current high school seniors attending school in the United States (or select DoD schools); U.S. Citizens; U.S. Nationals; U.S. Permanent Residents; Refugees; Asylees; Cuban-Haitian Entrants; or Humanitarian Parolees; Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application; Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution; and Carrying a minimum 3.00 GPA at the end of their junior year of high school. All applications must be submitted online by Friday, October 31st. For more information visit www.scholarshipsonline.org/2012/04/coca-cola-scholars-program.html
- October 31 - Council Scholar Awards for the 2016-2017 school year. Council Scholar Program offers a unique opportunity for selected educators to travel out of the country and bring their experiences abroad home to their school community in North Carolina. The Council is looking for internationally-minded educators and administrators who are currently working to provide a global perspective in their classrooms, have a desire to immerse themselves in an international topic or region; and be enthusiastic about sharing their experiences abroad with their students and colleagues. Applications must be received by 4pm on Monday, October 31st, 2016. They may be emailed (PDF or Word file), mailed or hand delivered to our office. You may access the application online at, www.worldaffairscharlotte.org (Education Outreach Section).Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 13- WTS Transportation YOU. WTS fosters the development of women and girls in the transportation field by encouraging bright new professionals and students to undertake careers in the area of transportation. One way it does this is by awarding the WTS Transportation YOU High School Scholarship to girls pursuing high school studies in science, technology, engineering, and math. To apply go to https://www.wtsinternational.org/education/scholarships/
The WTS Transportation YOU High School Scholarship is $1,000. The minimum criteria for selection are:
a. Applicant must be a high school senior.
b. GPA of 3.0 or higher.
c. Currently studying math, science, and technology.
d. Considering a college degree in a transportation-related field
- November 17- The University of Virginia Jefferson Scholars is now accepting nominations. This is a full academic scholarship to the University of Virginia and is looking for students who demonstrate outstanding ideals of leadership, scholarship, and citizenship. For more information, please see Mrs. Helms in Student Services!
- November 19 - Universal Technical Institute Scholarships. UTI and Penske Automotive Group have teamed up to create a national scholarship program that will award nearly $500,000 in scholarships to high school seniors pursuing higher education at UTI. Individual awards will be worth up to $2500 Click here for details and to apply. In addition, 2017 high school grads can participate in a scholarship competition that covers basic Math , English, History, Geography, Ethics and Technical knowledge related to auto, diesel, NASCAR, collision, repair, motorcycle, and Marine industries (Competition Flyer).
- November 20- The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) local chapter is awarding a scholarship and recognition for students who are outstanding citizens and model students. If you are interested in learning more about this award and scholarship, please see Mrs. Helms in Student Services for more information!
- November 30 - Most Valuable Student Contest. The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the 2017 competition.; Any high school senior who is a citizen of the United States is eligible to apply; Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks; College students are not eligible to apply; Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify. For more information and to apply go to http://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/MVS.cfm
- December 1- Boston University Trustee Scholarship. A four-year full tuition scholarship to Boston University is awarded to 25 incoming freshman each year. Students must submit a Trustee Scholarship Essay and application for Undergraduate Admission by Dec 1. For more information visit bu.edu/admissions/trustee
- December 1- University of Miami George W. Jenkins Scholarship. A four-year full tuition scholarship awarded to 3 incoming freshmen each year. Requirements include; minimum GPA requirement of 3.75 and well rounded curriculum, 800 word or less essay about overcoming adversity, financial need, and Counselor nomination form. All scholarship materials and Undergraduate Admission material must be submitted by Dec 1. Visit miami.edu/jenkins for more information.
- December 4 - NC Elks Association Nursing Scholarship (Click here for the application)
- December 31 - Legend Leadership Award: The Dale Earnhardt Foundation. Do you have a new and creative idea that will make a positive impact on our society? Submit your ideas and solutions to The Dale Earnhardt Foundation. Winners will receive up to $7000.00 in scholarships or the money can go toward a project that is already in place as a one-time grant. To Apply visit http://daleearnhardtinc.com/foundation/
- January 1 - UNCG Teacher Education Fellows Program. A Unique educational opportunity for students who are interested in becoming leaders in the teaching profession. Program features include some of the following $20,000 in scholarships awarded incrementally over four years; Internships starting in the first year; and Networking with educational leaders from the local, state, & National level. View Flyer to learn more (Click Here for Flyer)
- January 15- John Gatling Grant Program. Awarded to students planning to attend NC State University with the last name Gatlin or Gatling only. Student must apply to NC State by January 15 and submit notification of interest to the scholarship and financial aid office. CLICK HERE for more information!
- January 15- NCSHP's 2015-2016 NC Hispanic College Fund. The North Carolina Society of Hispanic Professionals established this charitable fund at Triangle Community Foundation to benefit Hispanic students in North Carolina. The North Carolina Hispanic College Fund awards annual scholarships worth between $500 and $2,500. Scholarships recipients are recent graduates of North Carolina high schools who are of Hispanic/Latino background. Recipients of a NC Hispanic College Fund scholarship must enroll in a degree program at a community college or a 2 or 4 year college/university and be committed to public service and community development. Application deadline - January 15, 2016. Click here to download the application -http://thencshp.org/programs/nc-hispanic-college-fund/
· Graduate of a NC high school within the past 2 years
· A four-year cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
· 2 letters of recommendation from a high school teacher, principal, pastor, employer, or other community leader
· An official high school transcript
· Personal statement (500 words)
- January 18- Ronald McDonald House U.S. Scholarship Program. The RMHC network of U.S. Chapters, along with the global office of RMHC, offer scholarships to students in financial need who have demonstrated academic achievement, leadership and community involvement. Since 1985, more than $52 million in scholarships have been awarded. High school seniors may apply for one of the four scholarships outlined on the website. For more information visit www.rmhc.org/rmhc-us-scholarships.
- January 20- Sallie Southall Cotten. The GFWC Junior Woman’s Club of Charlotte is proud to award a one-time $1,500 scholarship to an outstanding graduate to be used at any of our state-supported universities. The second place or alternate winner will be awarded a one-time scholarship in the amount of $750 to be used at any of our state-supported universities. The winner selected by our club will then compete at the district level for the opportunity to win an additional $750. If selected at the district level, the winner will move on to compete at the state level for an additional financial assistance of $6,000 per year for four years totaling $24,000. The full application can be downloaded here!
- January 31- The Philo Affiliate of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated, Beta Omicron Sigma Chapter Scholarship. Established this fund to provide aid to high school students, both male and female of all races, in their pursuit of higher education. The recipient will be an individual with a scholastic GPA of 3.0 or better. This scholarship does require a within essay. Get a full copy of the application here!
- January 31 - Mallard Creek Optimist Club Scholarship Opportunity. Visit http://www.optimist.org/e/member/scholarships3.cfm. Students can win a $300 cash prize or $2,500 scholarship by participating in an essay contest. The topic for this year is "Optimisim should be a priority."
- February 1- Virginia Military Institute Scholars Program. This scholarship ranges from $5,000-full tuition and automatically enrolls the student in VMI's Honors Program. For consideration, candidates must have a combined SAT of at least 1350 (reading and math) or ACT composite of 30 and at least a 3.7 high school GPA. For more information or to pick-up an application please see Ms. Walker in Guidance.
- February 1- Global Lifetime Experience Orr Scholarship. Students 15-18 with at least one year of foreign language experience may apply for a study abroad scholarship. For more information CLICK HERE. To download an application CLICK HERE.
- February 5- Florence Kidder Scholarship. The Mecklenburg Colonial Dames Committee will award a $1000 scholarship to our local winner. The local winner will then be entered into the State Competition. The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of North Carolina will award the State winner a scholarship of $3,000 and two runner-up scholarships of $1,000 each, to be used at any North Carolina college or university. Scholarship money is paid to the North Carolina college or university of the winners’ choice, to be administered by that institution in the name of the student. The recipients will be selected on the basis of character, need and scholastic record, as well as the merit of an essay on the assigned topic. Click here to view the full scholarship. Click here to view requirements.
- February 10- Love Your Skin. Requirements; graduating minority senior, 3.0 un-weighted and 3.5 weighted GPA, attending college/university Fall 2016, completed short essay (written/typed). Download application here.
- February 15 - Assistance League of Charlotte is a nonprofit volunteer organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and families through community-based philanthropic programs – we feed, we clothe, we mentor, we educate. The Assistance League® of Charlotte Scholarship will be awarded to a 2017 Mecklenburg County high school graduate who exhibits outstanding community service. The scholarship, not to exceed $10,000, will provide funding toward tuition, room and board, required fees and books for the freshman year at one of the 16 campuses of The University of North Carolina.
Download application here
- February 15- Daughters of the American Revolution. They award 3 separate scholarship opportunities, all housed under the same application. Click here to get a full listing and understanding of each specific scholarship. Click here to download the application!
- February 18- Future Path Technology. One of our partners is currently accepting applications for a $3,000 scholarship, and we’d love to see a CMS student receive it! The Future Path Technology scholarship is presented by Logical Advantage and will be given to a high school senior who has been accepted to a North Carolina College or University and is pursuing a degree in technology. The application period closes on Wednesday, February 18th, and the winner will be recognized at the 2015 Blue Diamond Awards on March 3rd. Below are a few links that will give you additional information, but please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further.
Eligibility and Application Details: http://goo.gl/nOnTvl
Official Release: http://goo.gl/x13T2V
- February 18- National Association of Negro Business & Professional Women's Club. The NANBPWC awards four (4) scholarships to students each year. One student is awarded a $1,500 scholarship and three (3) others receive $1,000. Click here for more information and the application.
- February 18- SCAD Distinguished Scholar Award. Planning to attend SCAD? Let your Counselor know and she could recommend you for the SCAD Distinguished Scholars Award, a prestigious scholarship in the amount of US$20,000 per year. To be considered, students must be recommended by a teacher, professor or school counselor. This scholarship is applicable toward tuition to attend SCAD in Atlanta, Hong Kong, Savannah or online via eLearning, and may be renewed annually, provided the recipient is enrolled and maintains a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- February 17- Assistance League of Charlotte. Assistance League of Charlotte awards scholarships to Charlotte-Mecklenburg high school graduates. The scholarship, not to exceed $10,000, provides funding toward tuition, room and board, required fees and books for the freshman year at one of the 16 campuses of The University of North Carolina. The application can be found at www.charlotte.assistanceleague.org. Requirements to apply are listed below:
- Has a minimum weighted GPA of 3.0.
- Scored a minimum combined total of 1500 on the SAT (math, critical reading and writing sections) or a minimum of 21 on the ACT
- Demonstrates outstanding community involvement, including leadership roles.
- February 20- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. The Charlotte Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. annually grants scholarships to African-American high school seniors who will enroll in an institution of higher education. All students must be in a Mecklenburg County public or private high school. Students may also obtain an electronic application by visiting our website at www.charlottedst.org and clicking on the link that reads “2015 Scholarship Application” or by emailing email@example.com. Please include “Scholarship Application” in the subject line when requesting an electronic application. For more information please see Ms. Walker in Guidance.
- February 25-World of 7 Billion Video Contest: Students must highlight a global issue dealing with either deforestation, public health, or water scarcity, explain why the issue is important, and provide at least one idea for a sustainable solution in order to be considered. Prizes include up to $1,000 for students and free curriculum resources for teachers. Click here to apply!
- February 26 - One student winner will receive The Leah and Edward Frankel Scholarship for $10,000, to be applied over all four years of their college education. A second winner will receive a one-time scholarship from ING for $5,000. There is also an opportunity for runners up to receive a one-time stipend towards their college education. Find out more about the awards and application requirements by visiting: www.annefank.com/about-the-awards. The application process is now open and applications must be post-marked by February 27, 2015.
- February 28- Sisters of the Dove. As a non-profit, community-oriented organization committed to encouraging educational development, Sisters of the Dove Charity Fund of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc.~ Psi Mu Zeta Graduate Chapter, annually recognizes local students who are dedicated to academic success and achievement. Selected students receive academic scholarship in the amount of $500.00. Click here to download more information. Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
Mecklenburg County Resident
Current High School Senior
Minimum 3.2 Cumulative GPA (weighted)
Accepted to a 4-year accredited college or university undergraduate program or 2-year community college
- February 28 - Charlotte Relocation Scholarship. The Charlotte Metro Area Relocation Council is a non-profit organization that brings together corporations and relocation service providers in and around Charlotte for the primary purpose of providing educational information and current industry updates to its members. As part of our commitment to Relocation, CMARC has developed a scholarship program for current high school seniors who have relocated into the Charlotte area sometime between grades 9 (after 8th grade graduation) and 12. The one-time award of $1,000 will be presented to one Charlotte area high school senior this year. The award will be sent to the college that the student will be attending to assist with tuition, etc Click here for the application
- February 29- Discover Card. We are giving away $50,000 in scholarships to high school and college students. Through February 29, 2016, students are automatically entered to win a $2,500 scholarship when they sign up to receive helpful tips on planning and paying for college at CollegeCovered.com. More winners will be chosen later this year.
- March 1- Global Citizen Year: Each year a group of high school graduates is selected to spend a year abroad as fellows in Africa, Latin America, and Asia. Fellows are immersed in a culture different from their own, living with a host family and working locally. Rolling admissions; Click here to apply!
- March 1- Nucor Foundation. Mecklenburg County students with plans of pursuing undergraduate degrees in either engineering or metallurgy are eligible to apply. The scholarship is $3,200 per year for up to four years. You must complete the electronic application at scholarshipapply.nucor.com along with submitting an official transcript, SAT/ACT scores, and one letter of recommendation. Please see your Counselor for more information.
- March 3 - African American Network-Carolinas Scholarship and the Turner Family Scholarship 2017 African American Network- Carolinas Scholarship Fund application is now available. The fund provides scholarships ranging up to $2,000 for graduating seniors in North and South Carolina. The AAN-C Scholarship fund stems from the African American Network, which is a resource group of African American employees at Duke Energy. As a part of its mission, the African American Network – Carolinas Chapter provides scholarships to college-bound students from North and South Carolina who are pursuing a major in engineering, math, science, computer science, accounting, finance, or business administration. Applications are available at https://fftcscholarships.communityforce.com. The Turner Family Scholarship Fund, a permanent endowment fund, was established by a gift from the Turner Family on September 1, 1996. The purpose of the Turner Family Scholarship Fund is to provide undergraduate college and vocational scholarships to Mecklenburg County residents planning to attend an accredited college or vocational school in Mecklenburg County.
Scholarships are based on financial need, prior academic performance and performance on accepted tests designed to measure aptitude and ability for college studies. Applications are available at https://fftcscholarships.communityforce.com.
- March 4- AABE. The North Carolina Chapter of AABE is seeking qualified applicants to award both local and national scholarship awards. Attached is the information required to apply for the scholarships. The American Association of Blacks in Energy (AABE) is a national associaiton of energy professional founded and dedicated to ensure the input of African Americans and other minorities into the dicussions and developments of energy policies regulations, R&D technologies, and environmental issues. Through its Scholarship Program, AABE seeks to help increase the number of African Americans, Hispanics, and Native Americans (underrepresented minorities) in energy related fields. By doing so, we help our nation address a critical need and a challenge to our future economic vitality in the world market. AABE awards sholarships based on several traditional and non-traditional criteria. Attached is an application for the scholarship award. Please share the attached packet with both parents and students. Highly qualified students will be automatically selected and considered for the National Scholarship process will not require futher action. The winners of the National Awards will be contacted by the AABE National Office. Click here to download information.
- March 6- NACME Pre-Engineering Scholarship. The NACME Pre-Engineering Scholarship Program recognizes the nation’s highest achieving African American, American Indian, and Latino high school seniors who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership skills, and a commitment to science and engineering as a career goal. Each NACME Pre-Engineering Scholarship winner receives a $2,500 award to be used toward the cost of attendance at a university.Requirements to apply are listed below:2
- March 6- Allegacy Scholarships. This program offers two scholarship opportunities in addition to multiple loan possibilities. The application process is open now through March 6, 2015 and can be found at AllegacyFCU.org/scholarships
- March 9th - The Gordon Hay Scholarship (Blumenthal Performing Arts Scholarship) is a one-time $5,000 scholarship to be awarded to one student who demonstrates ability in a non-performance area within the performing arts and is preparing to pursue a related undergraduate degree. For more information and to apply go to http://www.blumenthalarts.org/blumenthal-enrichment/community-outreach/scholarships/gordon-hay-scholarship deadline is March 9th
- March 10- Michael A. DeMayo Scholarship. To qualify you must be a current high school (or home-schooled) senior who attends school and lives in one of the following counties:North Carolina: Mecklenburg, Gaston, Catawba, Union, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Lincoln, Rowan, Caldwell, Stanly, Iredell, Alexander, Burke, Robeson, Scotland, Richmond, Anson and Cumberland or South Carolina: York, Lancaster, Chesterfield, Marlboro and Dillon. The student must be accepted for full-time enrollment or planning to pursue a degree at an accredited four-year college or university. They must also have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Click here to download the full application packet and more information!
- March 12- Aveda Institute. Earn a full cosmetology scholarship by applying with a short video! Visit AvedaInstitutesSouth.edu/scholarship for details!
- March 13- Crown Jewels. The Scholarship Committee of the Crown Jewels (NC) Chapter of the Links, Incorporated is announcing our annual scholarship program. We will be awarding multiple scholarships in amounts of at least $1,000 to African-American students with a significant financial need. Applications must be received with a U.S. postmark on or before March 13th. Click here for more detailed information. Click here for the application.
- March 14- The Holcomb Family Scholarship. Awarded to a high school senior in good academic standing and enrolling in a post-secondary institution. Student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Please visit http://fftcscholarships.communityforce.com
- March 15- Alpha Kappa Alpha. Scholarships will be awarded to both a male and female student in CMS. Must have at least a 3.0 unweighted GPA, 1800 on SAT or 18 on ACT, and complete the application. Click here to download the application.
- March 15- Rotary Club of Charlotte South. Applicant must have attended the Rotary Club of Charlotte South Beach Blast while in middle school. Scholarship Award: up to $5,000 per year for up to 4 years (maximum $20,000 award). For more details and to download the application click here!
- March 15 - Charlotte Club of NANBPWC Inc. Scholarship Program. Must be of financial need and of African American descent with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Other requirements for eligibility are available on the applications. Click here to download the application
- March 16th - The Mary Doctor Performing Arts Scholarship (MDPAS) a Blumenthal Performing Arts Scholarship is an annually renewable scholarship of up to $10,000 awarded to two students who demonstrate above-average ability and are preparing to pursue an undergraduate degree in fields directly related to the performing arts Flyer. The deadline to apply is March 16th
- March 17th: Assistance League of Charlotte Scholarship in honor of Gary and Margaret Lincoln, for students who are applying to CPCC. Click here for the application on see the Scholarship Application Binder in Guidance.
- March 21 - Bi-Lo Urban League Scholarship. Click here to download the application._
- March 21- UNIDOS Scholarship. High school seniors with Hispanic heritage will want to consider applying for the UNIDOS Scholarship. The application is due midnight March 21. Scholarship winners would receive monetary funds towards their college education. Click here to download the application to apply for this scholarship.
- March 20- Prospective Educators Scholarship. The NC Chapter of Phi Delta Kappa is pleased to announce the Ellen Simmons Howes Prospective Educator Scholarship. This scholarship honors Ellen and her more than 20 years of service to Phi Delta Kappa. The Ellen Simmons Howes Prospective Educator Scholarship will be used to aid college students with financial needs as they pursue a degree in the field of education. Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each will be awarded to four students, one from each of the four geographic areas [north, south, east and west] in North Carolina. Click here to be directed to the full application. Please note that a Counselor recommendation is also required so please give your Counselor adequate time.
- March 24 - Gordon Hay Scholarship. $5000 award for a student who demonstrates technical and/or artistic accomplishment in a non-performance area within the performing arts. Download Application Here - Download Application Guidelines here
- March 27- Debbie Antshel CPCC Scholarship. The scholarship includes full freshman year tuition to a student attending CPCC. All scholarships will be paid directly to CPCC and will be designated for tuition and fees. Minimum eligibility includes: A CMS graduating senior who plans to attend CPCC in the fall and major in Human Services or a related field, and shows a commitment to service as demonstrated through volunteer experiences. For the full application and requirements click here
- March 31 - Queen City Alumni Chapter Book Scholarship (NC A & T State University). deserving first year Aggies with book scholarships.Criteria: Student is a citizen of the United States; Graduate of an accredited high school prior to enrollment date; Recipient must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 (or better); Recipient must reside in the Charlotte Metro area. To apply click here.
- March 31 - The Tau Theta Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Scholarships. Tau Theta Zeta will be awarding a $500 scholarship to an African-American female high school senior expecting to receive a high school diploma by June 2017 and attend college in Fall, 2017. Download Application here
- March 31 - MECKLENBURG COUNTY FARM BUREAU SCHOLARSHIP. Each year, Mecklenburg County Farm Bureau will award two college scholarships, up to $1500 each in value, to qualified applicants. OBJECTIVE: Provide financial aid for Mecklenburg County Farm Bureau member families with children seeking higher education. Priority will be given, but not limited to, Agricultural, Health, Occupational or Educational career courses of study. Download the application here
- March 31 - The Charlotte Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Scholarship awards will be presented to college-bound African-American high school students who are residents of Mecklenburg County. The electronic application must be submitted on or before Friday, March 31st, and is accessible through the following link:
https://form.jotform.com/70188608841159 or go to http://charlottedst.org/ourprograms/scholarship.html.
- March 31- Jerrie Albert Education Scholarship. The Delta Gamma Chapter of Kappa Delta Epsilon Fraternity is pleased to share a scholarship opportunity for seniors. The application is for our fraternity scholarship, The Jerrie Albert Educational Scholarship. Kappa Delta Epsilon Fraternity is an honorary professional education fraternity. This $500 scholarship is being offered to those with the following criteria. The applicant must:
Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
Write a two-page essay that is double spaced using 12 or 14 font size type.
Submit the winning essay and have an interview with members of the Delta Gamma, Charlotte Alumni Chapter, Kappa Delta Epsilon Fraternity.
Participate in an interview to be conducted at the applicant’s school.
Intend to matriculate in a four-year college program preparing to become a teacher/educator.
Submit an official transcript of grades.
Submit a list of school extracurricular activities and community activities during high school years.
Please mail the application with essay, transcript, and activity sheet to the address listed below.
937 Log Cabin Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28213
- April 1- Daughters of the American Revolution. NSDAR offers merit and financial needs scholarships to graduating high school seniors through approximately 23 scholarships. Each is listed on the attached document but more information can also be found at www.dar.org/national-society/scholarships. Information Flyer
- UNCF Koch Scholars.The UNCF/Koch Scholars Program (UKSP) is designed to teach students how to develop and apply an entrepreneurial mindset by exploring how the study of entrepreneurship, innovation and economics contribute to well being for individuals, communities and societies.
Students, who are competitively selected to participate in this program, will receive:
* Scholarship Support of up to $5,000/Year
* Exclusive Access to an Online Learning Community About Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economics
* Mentoring Opportunities and Networking Access
To apply go to https://scholarships.uncf.org/Program/Details/0a63d3e0-3d18-41bd-b955-44f07ee4d3b0
- April 1 - National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc. Queen City Metropolitan Chapter (QCMC) Scholarship. Merit/Need based Scholarship. Eligibility: 1. Be an African American Woman; 2. Be a resident of and senior graduating within the 2016-17 school year from a high school in one of the following counties. Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Iredell, Lincoln, Gaston, Union, Lancaster (SC), and York (SC); 3. Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the time of application; 4. Have been accepted to an accredited institution of higher learning, a two or four-year college, university or technical/vocational school at the time of scholarship application. Download application here
- April 1 - Black Men of Purpose Scholarship. The purpose of this scholarship is to assist with college expenses (i.e., tuition, books, and room and board) for current high school seniors planning to attend college. One non-renewable $500 scholarship will be awarded to three (3) recipients.
• Graduating high school seniors who have been accepted to an accredited two- or four-year college or university.
• Applicants must enroll in accepted college or university during the Fall of their high school graduation year.
• Applicants must pursue an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
• Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
Download Application Here
- April 1 - The Sara Scott-Schofield Scholarship. Minimum GPA of 2.5, high school transcript must be provided along with three letters of recommendations and letter of acceptance from a 4-year college or university. The application and additional information can be found at www.zetasofcharlotte.org or pick up additional information in Guidance!
- April 1- Dora M. Mason Scholarship. The Charlotte Mecklenburg Chapter of Las Amigas Incorporated is a service organization of Afro-American women who strive to provide community service throughout the city of Charlotte and the surrounding areas. This year we are pleased to announce that we are sponsoring a $500.00 scholarship in the name of our late co-founder Dora R. Mason. This scholarship will be used to help pay for your books during your freshmen year. Click here to download application and criteria!
- April 1 - The Doris R. Asbury and The Rosalia J. Durante Scholarship Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated Omega Iota Omega Chapter. These two $1,000 scholarships are named in honor of two retired educators and charter members of Omega Iota Omega Chapter. These scholarships are available to graduating high school seniors (2017) from Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools, having a minimum grade point average of 3.0, and are of African American ethnicity.
Download application here
- April 3 - Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc Scholarship. Pi Phi Chapter here in Charlotte NC, will sponsor 6 individual scholarships at $2,000 each. In 2015, a special endowment scholarship was established by Rev. Joseph Edward Maxwell family for an additional $2,000. Finally, The Queen City Omega Foundation will donate another $2,500 renewable scholarship over 4 years’. Pi Phi Chapter (Entity Wide) rendered over $16,500 in Scholarships in 2016. We are pleased to announce that we received over 60 applications last year from various high schools within CMS, and after a thorough vetting process 8 students were able to attend the following schools of their choice:
Morehouse, University of California at Los Angeles, North Carolina Central University, UNC-Greensboro, East Carolina University, Winston Salem State, North Carolina A&T University, and University at NC, Charlotte
All applications must be post mark or delivered by April. 3, 2017
Download application here
- April 6- SECU "People Helping People". One Mallard Creek student will receive a $10,000 to be used at one of the 17 constituent campuses of the UNC System. The award will be granted as a $1,250 scholarship per semester for four years. All graduating Mallard Creek seniors with at least a 2.5 GPA and plans to attend a UNC System college are eligible to apply. If interested, pick up a packet in the Guidance office. Download Application here
- April 7 - Charlotte/Queen City Rams Alumni Chapter Scholarship. The scholarship award shall be made in the fall semester of the eligible academic year, pending the recipient’s enrollment at Winston-Salem State University. The amount of each award is $1,000.00 to Three (3) incoming freshmen Download Application Here
- April 15 - The Bridge Scholarship Application. The Bridge Scholarship is a $20,000 four year scholarship, $2,500 at the beginning of each semester, awarded to the student who can best present their need to the Bridge Foundation. To date we have funded over $200,000 in tuition payments for Mecklenburg County students. You can visit our website at www.thebridgefoundation.net and read more about the Foundation and the Scholarship. Download Application here
- April 15- ExxonMobil Bernard Harris Math & Science Scholarship. Named for the first African American to walk in space, ExxonMobil Bernard Harris Math and Science Scholarships are available to 2015 graduating high school seniors in school districts represented by the Council of the Great City Schools.
Four scholarships for two males and two females --- $5,000 each --- will be awarded to two African American and two Hispanic students on behalf of the former NASA astronaut, physician and businessman, Dr. Bernard Harris, and ExxonMobil. Deadline for submissions is April 15, 2016. Click here for the application.
- April 15- North Carolina Society of Accountants. This is a $600 scholarship awarded to students with plans to pursue a higher education degree in Accounting in the state of North Carolina. Click here to download the application packet.
- April 15- Work Keys Scholarship. Open to Seniors who took the Work Keys test and scored a bronze, silver, gold or platinum, this scholarship is awarded by the 2016 NCACTE Guidance & Career Development Division. How to apply: Application Link:https://ncacte.wufoo.com/forms/m1q4cajf1kchsyx/
- Seniors who had to take the Work Keys test scoring a bronze, silver, gold or platinum
- Applicant must be enrolled or accepted into an accredited four-year college/university, community college, or technical school for Fall 2016 with a Career and Technical related major ex: nursing, engineering, marketing, business.
- Applicant must have a minimum high school grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Questions regarding this scholarship application should be directed to:
Misty Wolfe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- April 17 - Miss U.W.A Graduate Award. Qualifications: Please submit 1-2 double page essay regarding why you should be the recipient via involvement in the community or community service support efforts and have a 3.5 or higher GPA. Please email all entries to: email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact Lady President RaSheeda McNeil at 704-906-4858 or Lady VP Shekita Brown at 704-607-0789.
- April 24- Child Support Award. At least one parent must be a member of the North Carolina Child Support Council or a client of the Child Support Program (through either Child Support services or Clerk of Court services). Applicant must be a resident of North Carolina and a graduating high school senior. Applicant must have been accepted by a North Carolina school of higher learning: a College, University, Community College or Technical School. Applicant needs to attach a copy of the acceptance letter. Click here to download the full application.
- April 24- Rotary Scholarship. One senior from each qualifying Charlotte-Mecklenburg public high school and five qualifying private schools will be introduced and recognized as recipients of the 2015 Rotary Youth Award and a tuition grant of $500 will be sent to the institution of higher learning in which they attend. The principal (or designee) of each high school, along with the recipient from each school, are invited to attend the luncheon to receive public recognition of the award. If you are interested in being nominated as the MCHS winner please notify your Counselor.
- Crown Jewels Chapter of the Links, Inc. Scholarships will be awarded to African-American students currently enrolled in Mecklenburg County schools. The electronic application must be submitted on or before Friday, March 24th, and is accessible through the following link: https://form.jotform.com/70156629732156.
- April 25- The IT-oLogy WISE Charlotte Scholarship. Will recognize one female senior from Mecklenburg County who excels in Science, Information Technology, Engineering or Math. This is will be a one time award of $2,000. Click here for more information. Click here to download the application.
ELIGIBILITY: The applicant must be a Mecklenburg County female high school senior; The applicant must be a rising college freshman accepted into a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) degree program at an accredited college or university for the Fall 2016 semester; The applicant's grade point average must be a minimum of 3.0/4.0
- April 26 - Emma H. Dunlapp Scholarship: The Rameses Court #78 of Charlotte was established to provide financial assistance to individuals enrolled in an institution of higher learning. Financial assistance is based on need, academic performance, and leadership potential.
1. Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 and above.
2. Applicant must show proof of acceptance at an academic, vocational or technical school for post-secondary studies.
3. Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
4. Applicant must provide evidence of volunteer activities he/she has performed.
5. Applicant must have leadership potential as evidenced by school and/or community activities Download Application Here
- April 28 - Maverick Athletic Scholarships: $1500 scholarship to one male and one female athlete. To be eligible candidates must be a Mallard Creek High School Senior in good standing with the school and community; Maintain at least a cum Unweighted GPA of 2.00; Have participated on one or more varsity athletic teams for a minimum of one full season during their senior year; Be on track to graduate at the end of the current school year; plan to attend a technical, vocational, 2 year college/community college, or a 4 year college/university; And not be receiving a "Full Ride" scholarship from another scholarship committee/opportunity. Applications must be submitted to Ms. Rebecca White by Friday April 28. Download application here. Applications are also available in Guidance.
- April 28 - Dr. May Hope Wilkins Legacy Scholarships. The scholarships will award financial support for educational expenses to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing a major in the field of education. Scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors attending Winston Salem State University, Winston-Salem, NC and/or Elizabeth City State University, Elizabeth City, NC.
Yearly scholarships will be provided to students in the minimum amount of $500 and maximum amount of $5,000. The goal is to give between 1 to 5, scholarships in this financial range, each year. Every four years, the goal is to provide a scholarship up to $30,000 to one individual entering Winston Salem State University or Elizabeth City State University. Download the application here
- April 29 - Sidney Bronson 2nd Annual Scholarship. To be eligible applicant must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher, CMS Student, school/community involvement, planning to attend an accredited college or university in the Fall, submit a 300-500 word essay. Download Application here
- April 29- Debbie Antshel Memorial CPCC Scholarship. SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS – Full tuition and fees for freshman year at CPCC
All scholarships will be paid directly to CPCC and will be designated for tuition and fees.MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY- Debbie Antshel Memorial CPCC Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria: 1. CMS graduating senior who will attend CPCC in the fall, majoring in Human Services or a related field. 2. Commitment to community service, as demonstrated through volunteer experience and career objectives. Click here to download the application and more information.
- April 30 - Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (S.T.E.M.) "Making A Difference” Scholarship Program 2017. The "Making a Difference” scholarship was established in an effort to celebrate and support students who are pursuing careers in the field of STEM and embody the mission of the National Society of Black Engineers. We strive to award two (2) deserving Mecklenburg County School District high school graduating seniors interested in pursuing a college/university or other post-secondary educational institution course of study in STEM field. The DEADLINE for scholarship applications is 5:00 pm on Friday, April 30, 2017 (NO EXCEPTIONS). Click here to download the application and for more information.
- April 30- CMS Retired School Personnel. A one-time $750 scholarship awarded to a graduating senior with plans to pursue a career in education. Preference will be given to students whose parent/guardian is an employee of CMS or students with greatest financial need. Click here to download the application and requirements.
- May 1 - The Charlotte Alumni Chapter of Claflin University Scholarship (CUCAC) will award two (2) one thousand dollars ($1,000) scholarships, to eligible students in the Charlotte and surrounding areas who plan to matriculate at Claflin University during the next school year. . For questions or additional information, please contact Randolph Frierson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Download application here
- May 1- AHLEF. The American Hotel and Lodging Educational Foundation offer scholarships for incoming college freshmen that will be enrolled in a hospitality-related degree-granting program at a U.S. College or University. Nine distinct scholarships are offered through the foundation and all have different eligibility material. To see more about the different scholarships available visit www.ahlef.org/scholarships. Scholarships range from $500-$6,000.
- May 1- The Bridge Foundation. Awarded to one graduating Mecklenburg County senior that demonstrates exceptional goal setting and plans for success. The scholarship is worth $20,000 and split over your eight college semesters. There is no test score or GPA requirement. Please contact email@example.com for the application and more information.
- May 1 - Sarah Scott Schofield Scholarship (Delta Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc.) Needs based scholarship. Applications are available in Counseling
- May 1- Kids Chance of North Carolina. The purpose of Kids Chance of NC is to provide scholarships to children of North Carolina workers who have been hurt or injured in work related accidents. Scholarships may be used to pay for high school, technical school or college tuition, books, housing, meals or transportation. Another goal of Kids’ Chance is to prevent students from dropping out of school. For more information visit their website at kidschancenc.org/scholarship/ and download the application directly by clicking here!
- May 5 - The Charlotte Knights STEM Scholarship Program presented by Piedmont Natural Gas: Available to students interested in pursing a career in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Applications are available in counseling.
- May 5 - Charlotte Knights Healthcare Scholarship Program presented by Carolinas HealthCare System: Available to students interested in pursing a career in healthcare. Applications are available in counseling.
- May 6- Athletic Booster Club. The Mallard Creek High School Athletic Booster Club (“ABC”) has established the “Maverick Athletic Scholarship” to assist graduating Mallard Creek High School athletes with part of their continuing education expense. Scholarships will be awarded by the Mallard Creek High School ABC Scholarship Selection Committee and approved by the Mallard Creek High School ABC Board. One male and one female athlete will each be awarded a single, one-time non-perpetual scholarship valued at $1,000.00; payable to the school he/she attends in the fall semester of his/her freshman year. Applicant does not have to be a booster club member. For more information and to apply either pick up an application in the Guidance Office or download one here! Return completed application to Ms. White in the Career Center.
- May 7 - 2017-2018 Christian Workers No. 301 Educational Scholarship. CHRISTIAN WORKERS CHAPTER No. 301 ORDER OF THE EASTERN STAR, P.H.A. offers scholarship assistance awards to deserving students in the North Carolina Department of Education public school system. This $500.00 award is contingent upon the applicant’s acceptance at an accredited institution of higher learning. The scholarship is designed to assist worthy graduating high school senior in pursuing a post-secondary education in an accredited 2 or 4 year college program. The award recipient must also have demonstrated outstanding achievement and merit in scholarship and citizenship during his/her previous scholarly endeavors. Click here for the application.
- May 8- LGBTQ Tonda Taylor Scholarship. a one-time scholarship worth $1,500. Applicants must identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Queer; high school senior or high school graduate; under the age of 21 as of May 8 of the year of application; and resident of Union, Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, or York, SC. Applicants must be planning to enroll as a full-time, degree-seeking student at an accredited non-profit academic or vocational institution in the fall of the year of application. Following this link to download the application.
- May 12 - The Moles Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship: $5,000 ($2,500 each semester, spring and summer)
Applicants must: Be an African-American male or female; Be a citizen of the United States;Be a graduating high school senior;Be accepted to an accredited for year college/university;Have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale, each grading period; Have a SAT composite score 1300 or above on a 2400 scale or a 20 or above on a 36 scale; Not be a member of the immediate family or relative of a MOLE. Applications must be received by May 12th. Download Application here and Download Guidelines here.
- May 12- PTSA Scholarship. The Mallard Creek High School PTSA Board strives to create and maintain a strong foundation to defray a portion of college tuition expenses. This year, scholarships will be awarded to at least 9 recipients. The scholarships will have a total value of $7500.00, payable to the four year university, community college or trade school of the recipient’s choice. The following information should be considered when applying for the scholarship awards: Two of the Scholarship Awards will go to students who are not necessarily PTSA members. All remaining Scholarships will be awarded to PTSA families. Scholarships will be awarded on May 25th at the Senior Awards ceremony. The $1500 Kit Rea Scholarship will be awarded to any student and is to be selected by our Principal, Kevin Garay. Applicants must be graduating seniors and must exemplify overall excellence in academics, leadership, character, integrity and community involvement. Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA to be considered. Click here to download all information and the application. Please keep in mind that letters of recommendation are required so give yourself (and your recommender) adequate time to complete the process.
- May 15 - The Philo Affiliate of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated, Beta Omicron Sigma Chapter Scholarship. The Chapter established this fund to provide aid to high school students, both male and female of all races, in their pursuit of higher education. The recipient will be an individual with a scholastic GPA of 3.0 or better Download application here - Download instructions here
- May 15 - Charlotte Pride Scholarship. The Charlotte Pride Scholarship aims to improve economic mobility for LGBTQ and Straight Ally college students from the Charlotte metro area by funding college scholarships. Recipients will be awarded up to $2,000 over four years to attend an accredited two or four-year college. Go to the following webs webpage to apply http://charlottepride.org/scholarship/ All applications are due Monday, May 15, 2017, 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time.
- May 16- MCHS Student Services Scholarship. The MCHS Student Services Scholarship will be awarded to two high school seniors that demonstrate outstanding character. The recipient must be planning to attend a Technical School, 2 year College or, 4 year College/University. Recipients are asked to submit an essay to support his/her character. Submit your completed applications to Student Services no later than May 16th. Click here to download the application or pick one up in the Guidance Office. Not available to the Class of 2017 due to limited funding.
- May 27- Fresh Start for Men Inc. The Fresh Start scholarship is based on academic performance and leadership potential. Applicants must hold at least a 2.5 GPA and show proof of acceptance to post-secondary school. Click here to download the full application!
- May 31- Marcella Welch Memorial Art Scholarship. An award of $500 will be given to a student planning to study art a four-year accredited university. Requirements: Must be a High School Senior, must have a declared Major in visual or performing arts, must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher, must have a letter of acceptance from at least one college and/or university. Click here to download the application.
- June 1 - North State Law Enforcement Officers Association Scholarship. Applicants must be a resident of North Carolina, have GPA of 3.0 or better, planning to major in some area of Criminal Justice or related field. One scholarship of $1000 dollars will be awarded to the top applicant and two scholarships of $500 dollars each will be awarded to the top two additional applicants. Download the application here
- June 1-Piedmont Natural Gas STEM Scholarship. The Charlotte Knights and Piedmont Natural Gas are awarding three $1,000 scholarships to local high school students. To be eligible you must 1)Be attending higher education in the fall of 2016. 2) Have a cumulative unweighted GPA of at least a 3.3. 3)Have a minimum SAT score of 1800 (based on 2400), SAT of 1200 (based on 1600), or a 26 ACT score. 4) Member of at least one sports team or extracurricular activity. 5) Heavy volunteer/community service work. 6) Declare a major within the STEM field. Click here to download more information. Click here for the application
- June 1- Carolinas Healthcare System Scholarship. The Charlotte Knights and Carolinas Healthcare System are awarding three $1,000 scholarships to local high school students. To be eligible you must 1)Be attending higher education in the fall of 2016. 2) Have a cumulative unweighted GPA of at least a 3.3. 3)Have a minimum SAT score of 1800 (based on 2400), SAT of 1200 (based on 1600), or a 26 ACT score. 4) Member of at least one sports team or extracurricular activity. 5) Heavy volunteer/community service work. 6) Declare a major in the Healthcare field. Click here to download more information. Click here for the application.
- June 10- Gordon Hay Scholarship. This is for students interested in Performing Arts/ Visual Arts/ Music Award: $5,000
Requirements: The Gordon Hay Scholarship is a merit based award for an extraordinary graduating high school senior who is planning to pursue a non-performing career* within the performing arts field and demonstrates a personal drive for excellence, scholarly accomplishment, and community engagement. Click here for more information and for the application!
- June 19 - BigSun Scholarship. The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official. Please visit the BigSun website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com/to learn how to apply
- June 30 - The 2017 Aspiring Nurse Scholarship: Nursing Schools Almanac is proud to announce our third annual Aspiring Nurse Scholarship. We will award a $1,000 scholarship to an aspiring nurse who best demonstrates 1. A track record of academic excellence, particularly in science and mathematics; and 2. A passion for the nursing profession and the overall field of healthcare. For details and to apply go to http://www.nursingschoolsalmanac.com/articles/2017-aspiring-nurse-scholarship.
- July 1- College Sports Scholarship. CSS is offering a $1,000 scholarship to eligible high school seniors. The College Sports Recruiting Scholarship will be awarded to 1-5 winners each year. To be eligible you must be a senior current of former student athlete planning to attend college. You do not need to be a college athlete to apply. The details for the contest and eligibility rules are available on our webpage for the contest http://www.collegesportsscholarships.com/scholarship.htm
- July 1- Balanced Man Scholarship. The NC State chapter of the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity is offering 3 one-time scholarships in the amounts of $1000, $500, and $250 to incoming freshmen men for the 2015 academic year. SigEp is a leadership organization that will award over $225,000 at 200 campuses across the country through the Balanced Man Scholarship. Our mission is to build Balanced Men and our goal is to reward men who exemplify the qualities of a Sound Mind and a Sound Body, as we believe they are two ideals essential to leading a balanced life. To qualify for the Balanced Man Scholarship, incoming students must submit an application by July 1st, 2015 and enroll, full-time, at NC State for the 2016 Fall term. Applicants can apply online at NCSUSigEp.com. Click here to download the information flyer.