Thank you for completing our survey. Student feedback is very valuable to us as we strive to improve our services.
A representative from the North Carolina School of Science and Math will be visiting on Tuesday October 20th at 8:30.
f you are interested in attending her presentation please sign up in the counseling office or contact Ms. Jones
Sophomore Year - Grade 10
- Review your selection of high school courses, keeping in mind you post-secondary plans.
- Talk to your parents about your future goals. Began to think about choices of college majors.
- Do well in all courses to maintain or improve your grade point average and class rank. Remember every class that you take in high school whether a Core class or an Elective will impact your grade point average and class rank.
- Take the PSAT (pre-SAT) and the PLAN (pre ACT) in October. Take the results of these exams seriously. Use the results to determine what subject areas you could use improvement - seek help and study to improve.
- Continue involvement in school and community activities and keep record of them.
- Select challenging courses for you junior year during spring registration. Consider taking Advanced Placement courses in your best academic areas. Please be realistic and honest with yourself. Advanced Placement courses can increase you weighted GPA, but only if you earn a strong grade.
- Participate in a summer enrichment program.