Students registered for their 2018-2019 classes Thursday, February 15th during 2nd block.
- They were asked to complete a hard copy registration card that they were to take home and have signed by parents then returned to their 2nd block teachers on Friday, February 16th.
- In addition to their registration cards, students entered course selections in their PowerSchool accounts.
Counselors will use registration cards as they meet with students one on one from Feb 20th thru March 23rd to...
- Review their course selections and correct errors.
- Review graduation progress and
- Discuss educational goals/post High school plans.
Students will have access to their online registration link in PowerSchool until Monday, Feb 19th.
- Students can make changes to their online course selections from until Monday Feb 19th. We encourage students to review their course selections with parents and make changes as needed while they still have access to the registration link. If you miss the opportunity to make changes in your PowerSchool account your counselor can make changes and corrections at your individual registration meeting.
- Please remember that you will meet with your counselor to finalize your schedule. It is very important that you meet with your counselor to be sure you are registering for the correct classes. Please see below for the meeting calendar.
- Schedules are not generated until we complete the registration process. We use your requests to determine the number of classes in a particular subject to offer. Meeting with a counselor first does not determine your likelihood of getting a class nor does meeting with a counselor last mean that you will not get your class.
Registration Materials links
2018-2019 High School Planning Guide
AB Day Matrix 2018-2019
Calendar for individual registration meetings with counselor
Online Student Course Request Instructions
In an effort to create a better understanding of the tour process, this sign up is available so that families know what day and times tours are offered at Mallard Creek High School. There should only be one representative per family that signs up for a tour, but in the comments you can indicate how many people will be with your group.
Check out Ahow_2_college on Instagram for information on college application deadlines, financial aid, scholarships, application tips, and other relevant information related to college and career readiness.
The page has been created by local School Counseling Graduate Students to help you plan for your future. They will also be doing a giveaway for some college gear! (Instructions for the giveaway will be available on a post)
- Instagram: @how_2_college
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the 2017-2018 Parent survey to help us understand the needs of MCHS Parents, and to lead the Counseling Department in creating Programs
10/01: FAFSA opens. Seniors Go to https://fafsa.ed.gov/ to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid a.s.a.p. Try to have it completed a.s.a.p. Be sure to list the schools you hope to attend to receive a copy of your FAFSA. The following site provides a tutorial/instructions on completing your FAFSA https://www.finaid.ucsb.edu/fafsasimplification/
02/20 - 03/23: Individual registration meetings with counselors
02/21: Curriculum Night. 5:30-7:00pm
02/27: ACT (11th grade students)
03/08: 8th Grade Night (Rising Freshman Open House). 6 - 7:30pm
03/28: Career Fair
06/04: Graduation Rehearsal 6pm Spectrum Center. Required fall all seniors planning to participate in the Graduation Ceremony
06/12: Graduation Ceremony. 4pm Spectrum Center: Arrive Early, all graduates must arrive by 3pm. Congratulations!!!
Graduation Rehearsal Schedule - June 4th: 6 -7:30pm Spectrum Center
Graduation Ceremony Schedule - June 12th: 4pm Spectrum Center. Graduates must arrive by 3pm.
Explorer: Fall Internship/Job Shadowing Opportunities (grades 9-12) click